Spend the upcoming weekend in San Diego enjoying everything California’s Beach City has to offer including the San Diego Intl Film Festival and these top things to do.
When: October 10-28, 2018
Where: Del Mar Fairgrounds – 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd., San Diego, CA 92014
The Del Mar International Horse Show attracts Olympic veterans and world-class athletes, competing head to head for a spot in the World Cup Finals!
When: October 10-14, 2018
The San Diego International Film Festival is the region’s premier film event and one of the leading stops on the independent festival circuit. SDIFF offers a totally unique film experience; including world premieres, never before seen studio releases, the best in independent filmmaking and a full schedule of glamorous parties and intimate events with filmmakers. Join us Downtown at the Balboa Theater for opening night, Regal Cinema and the ArcLight UTC for screenings and featuring the beautiful Pendry San Diego as one of our venues.
When: October 10, 2018
Where: Coronado Museum of History & Art – 1100 Orange Avenue, Coronado, CA 92103
Take a culinary trip around the world sampling from our local bistros. Meander along Orange Avenue or take a ride on the complimentary trolley. This will be a night to remember so come and bring your friends!
When: October 12-27, 2018
Where: Julian’s Historic Town Hall – 2129 Main Street, Julian, CA 92036
Join in the booing and cheering audience participation, and see the variety of Olio performances between acts at traditional old time Julian Melodrama.
When: October 12-14, 2018
We are bringing new designers from around the world to show their never seen before collections on the FWSD Runway. This year we are featuring 15 very talented and dynamic labels/brands on the catwalk in Encinitas.
When: October 12-14, 2018
Where: WorldBeat Cultural Center – 2100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
The San Diego World Comedy Jam is the first event of its kind in San Diego, focusing on restoring social tolerance through multicultural comedic arts from around the globe! Headlining this year’s inaugural comedy event is Hungarian-born San Diegan, Zoltan Kazas. Featured acts include Chris James (England), Fabio Rabin (Brazil), Steven Garza (USA), and Gary Wolf (South Africa).
When: October 12-13, 2018
Where: Ocean Beach Pier, San Diego, CA 92107
The Ocean Beach Oktoberfest is a two-day, eclectic, beachside festival with a variety of exciting activities, contests and entertainment.
When: October 12, 2018
Where: San Diego Museum of Man – 1350 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101
Wild Life is back and it’s time to explore your wild side! Begin your metamorphosis and let your instincts lead you to unknown adventures at this after-hours masquerade party inspired by our Living with Animals exhibit.Explore untamed parts of the Museum where you’ll encounter insects that make you squirm, discover what fear does to your mind and body, indulge in delectable bites, and so much more.
When: October 13-14, 2018
Where: Spanish Village Art Center – 1770 Village Place, San Diego, CA
This show is the largest Art Glass show in Southern California and is all about your local Art. You will see beautiful art representing many techniques, including blown, fused, torch, stained, cast, etched and mosaic art glass, all available and created by San Diego Glass Artists.
When: October 13-14, 2018
Where: Bread & Salt – 1955 Julian Ave., San Diego, CA 92113
Latin American Art Fair is an annual event that presents outdoor exhibits, painting, sculpture, photography and printmaking as well as folk art, crafts, performance and culinary arts of Latin American countries.
When: October 13, 2018
Where: Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego – 3800 Chosin Avenue, San Diego, CA 92140
The MCRD Bootcamp Challenge features obstacles used only by Marine Recruits plus USMC Drill Instructors providing direction and encouragement.
When: October 13, 2018
Where: North Park, San Diego, CA 92104
In one afternoon, Taste of North Park invites you to enjoy 50+ food tastes from some of San Diego’s best restaurants and craft beer samples from 15 local brewers.
When: Thru October 21, 2018
Where: The Old Globe – 1363 Old Globe Way, San Diego, CA 92101
An electrifying world premiere musical comedy inspired by the songs of one of the most beloved and iconic acts in music history, Huey Lewis and the News. Mainstays on the Chicago dive bar circuit, Bobby and his band are hustling for their big break. But after their latest rejection, Bobby decides it’s “Hip to Be Square,” trades in his guitar, and starts “Workin’ for a Livin’” in corporate America. His boss, Cassandra, has struggles of her own, having sacrificed her personal life for the company. When they both get a shot at their dreams—for Bobby, another crack at rock stardom, and for Cassandra, a chance to become CEO—they must decide “If This Is It” for their careers, or if “The Power of Love” triumphs over all. The Heart of Rock & Roll celebrates the classic songs of Huey Lewis and the News in this heartwarming and hilarious new musical.
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Mindfulness Teaching Series – Thru December 1, 2018
- Boomont & Fallfest 2018 – Thru November 30, 2018
- Behind the Book Blue Sky, White Stars – Thru November 18, 2018
- Fall 2018 Garden Season – Thru November 13, 2018
- The Haunted Hotel – Thru October 31, 2018
- The Scream Zone – Thru October 31, 2018
- The Haunted Trail of Balboa Park – Thru October 31, 2018
- Sta-Fright Haunted Theatre – Thru October 31, 2018
- Savage House Haunted Attraction – Thru October 31, 2018
- Rooftop Cinema Club – Thru October 31, 2018
- Ghosts & Gravestones Frightseeing Tour – Thru October 31, 2018
- The Great Annual Pumpkin Festival – Thru October 31, 2018
- Taste of the Med – Thru October 31, 2018
- Beyond the Age of Reason – Thru October 31, 2018
- SD Watercolor Society’s International Exhibit – Thru October 31, 2018
- Little Learners: Little Maestros – Thru October 29, 2018
- 2018 Halloween Spooktacular – Thru October 28, 2018
- Pumpkin Express – Thru October 28, 2018
- Summer Movies in the Park – Thru October 28, 2018
- Julian Autumn Jubilee – Thru October 28, 2018
- LEGOLAND Brick-or-Treat Party Nights – Thru October 27, 2018
- Haunted Happenings Tour – Thru October 27, 2018
- Hops on the Harbor with Second Chance – Thru October 27, 2018
- Haunted Harvest – Thru October 27, 2018
- Hundred Days – Thru October 21, 2018
- San Diego Italian Film Festival Festivale – Thru October 14, 2018
- Tuesday Takeover with Arlene Ibarra – October 9, 2018
- Langhorne Slim and The Lost at Last Band – October 9, 2018
- Fossil Day Celebration – October 10, 2018
- Shannon and the Clams – October 10, 2018
- Opening Night Film & After Party – October 10, 2018
- Dana Carvey – October 11-13, 2018
- Two Scientist Walk into a Bar – October 11, 2018
- Night of the Stars Tribute – October 11, 2018
- Annual Polish Festival – October 12-14, 2018
- Scholareshare 529 Toddler Time: Make Music – October 12, 2018
- Les Talens Lyriques: “From Light to Shadow” – October 12, 2018
- By the Barrel: Whiskey & Wine – October 12, 2018
- The Highwayman Show – October 12, 2018
- Laurence Juber – October 12, 2018
- Octoberfest in Julian – October 13-14, 2018
- Carmel Valley Trail 5K, 10K and 15K – October 13, 2018
- Row for the Cure – October 13, 2018
- Jake’s Fun Run – October 13, 2018
- Pure Project Can Release: Thousands of Money & Trips on Dubs – October 13, 2018
- Ladies at the Lake Fall Market – October 13, 2018
- Persian Mehregan Festival with Mohsen Namjoo Live – October 13, 2018
- Ozomatli – October 13, 2018
- Beach House Concert Series – October 13, 2018
- Corazone de Mana – ¡El Tributo de Mana! – October 13, 2018
- An Evening of Classic Lily Tomlin – October 13, 2018
- ASD Mornings – October 14, 2018
- Too Many Zoos – October 14, 2018