Amazon has started to list Intel’s six-core Core i5-9400F desktop processor that lacks integrated graphics, belongs to the Coffee Lake Refresh family, and is produced using the company’s 14 nm process technology. The CPU is aimed at mainstream PCs and generally expands availability of Intel’s six-core processors.
The Core i5-9400F CPU features six cores without Hyper-Threading operating at 2.9 – 4.1 GHz, packs 9 MB of L3 cache, supports DDR4-2666 memory, and is rated for a 65 W TDP. The Core i5-9400F is one of Intel’s entry-level six-core processor for desktops and will therefore be among the cheapest CPUs with six cores. At press time, Amazon offered the CPU for $208.38, but the chip is said to be temporarily out of stock.
Back in October, Intel officially announced three 9th Gen Core processors for desktops: the eight-core Core i9-9900K and Core i7-9700K, as well as the six-core Core i5-9600K. Priced at $488, $384, and $262, these CPUs feature an unlocked multiplier and are aimed at enthusiasts who tend to spend hefty sums on hardware in general. By contrast, the Core i5-9400F comes with a locked multiplier and a 65 W TDP, thus aiming mainstream desktops with discrete graphics cards.
|Intel 9th Gen Core CPUs|
|i9-9900K||8 / 16||3.6 GHz||5.0 GHz||UHD 630||1200||2666||95 W||$488|
|i9-9900KF||8 / 16||3.6 GHz||5.0 GHz||–||–||2666||95 W||–|
|i7-9700K||8 / 8||3.6 GHz||4.9 GHz||UHD 630||1200||2666||95 W||$374|
|i7-9700KF||8 / 8||3.6 GHz||4.9 GHz||–||–||2666||95 W||–|
|i5-9600K||6 / 6||3.7 GHz||4.6 GHz||UHD 630||1150||2666||95 W||$262|
|i5-9600KF||6 / 6||3.7 GHz||4.6 GHz||–||–||2666||95 W||–|
|i5-9400||6 / 6||2.9 GHz||4.1 GHz||UHD 630||1050||2666||65 W||–|
|i5-9400F||6 / 6||2.9 GHz||4.1 GHz||–||–||2666||65 W||$182|
|i3-9350KF||4 / 4||4.0 GHz||4.6 GHz||–||–||2400||91 W||–|
Earlier this week Intel added six more processors to the Coffee Lake Refresh lineup: the eight-core Core i9-9900KF and Core i7-9700KF; the six-core Core i5-9600KF, Core i5-9400F, and Core i5-9400F, as well as the quad-core Core i3-9350KF. According to Intel’s existing terminology, the processors with model numbers ending with F lack integrated graphics, so these new processors will primarily target systems that have to use discrete GPUs.
The new Coffee Lake Refresh CPUs are drop in compatible with motherboards based on Intel’s 300-series chipsets and flashed with the latest BIOS versions.
- Intel’s New 9th Gen Desktop CPUs: i3-9350KF, i5-9400F, i5-9400, i5-9600KF, i7-9700KF, i9-9900KF
- More Intel 9th Gen Desktop CPUs: Core i7-9700, Core i3-9100, Pentium Gold G5420, and a new Core i3-8100F ?
- Unannounced Intel Core i9-9900KF, i7-9700KF, i5-9600KF and i5-9400F CPUs Listed
- The Intel 9th Gen Review: Core i9-9900K, Core i7-9700K and Core i5-9600K Tested
- Analyzing Core i9-9900K Performance with Spectre and Meltdown Hardware Mitigations
- Intel Announces 9th Gen Core CPUs: Core i9-9900K (8-Core), i7-9700K, & i5-9600K
- Intel Coffee Lake Refresh: Global Price Check on 9900K, 9700K, 9600K